Both the federal and state governments offer billions of dollars every year in hiring tax credits. Unfortunately, these tax credits are often not advertised or promoted, so businesses typically fail to take advantage of the significant savings they can bring.
There are 3 main federal hiring tax credits:
- The Work Opportunity Tax Credit is a Federally funded, state administered tax credit that rewards employers for hiring employees that have previously qualified for some variety of public assistance. Hiring an individual who has qualified under at least one of 10 different categories (Veterans, Long Term Unemployed, SNAP or TANF recipients, to name a few) makes the business owner entitled to these tax credits, which are calculated as a percentage of the new hire’s wages, depending on how many hours the employee works during a given time period. These tax credits directly reduce the owner’s (owners’, corporation’s) federal tax liability, and can be used during 20 years of future liability if there is not enough liability to claim against.
- The Empowerment Zone Credit (“EZ”) pays companies that are in a federal EZ a credit for hiring individuals who also live in the EZ. Credits can be as high as $3,000 for multiple years. Click here to search your address to see if your business is in an EZ.
- Indian Employment Credit pays companies as much as 20% of the first $20,000 in earnings when they hire a Native American.
Many states also have programs that pay incentives for companies that hire certain targeted groups. Each state is different and requires different documentation and analysis. As an EmployerIncentives.com client, we will review the state programs available in your state to see if any fit your business strategy.
Finding appropriate tax credits and wage subsidies is a time- and resource-intensive process. The paperwork to actually secure the tax credits is complex and tedious. Fortunately, you don’t have to waste valuable time, effort, and personnel on locating and securing WOTC and state tax credits for your company: EmployerIncentives.com does all the work for you! We will:
- Secure the tax credits for your business.
- Calculate the amount of tax credit your company has earned on each individual.
- Generate the required tax forms to support the amount of credit you’ve received.
The EmployerIncentives.com Difference
No set up costs, no maintenance costs. We only get paid when you do. Our Tax Credit Service Reps handle each individual application and determine the best way to submit them to the certifying agencies in order to get the best results. We follow up on each request and work with you to get the most tax credits you can.
Our processes will integrate seamlessly into any onboarding software or hiring processes you have set up. We will work with you to make the process as easy as it can be for you to add to your hiring process.
Additionally, we never stop looking for ways to save you money. We constantly have our finger on the pulse for new programs that might positively affect our clients. You’re not an “account” here at EmployerIncentives.com, we treat all our clients as individuals and partners. We are here to help you take advantage of all the tax credit programs you can!
EmployerIncentives.com can quickly uncover all the state and federal tax credits annually that your company is eligible for. Even if you don’t believe that you hire people who qualify for employment tax credits, we encourage you to give us a call: the likelihood is that you will be pleasantly surprised at the number of employees you hire who do qualify for employment tax credits – and at the income tax savings they will bring you!